maandag 3 augustus 2009

Gouvernour Meeting and Half Personal Day

Goodevening everyone. It is twelve minutes past 2 right now. I am really tired and tomorrow will be a long and tough day since I will leave the Hanawa family and head for the second city of the second session; Toride. Today I am on the half of my stay in Japan. Time flies when you have fun. Just phoned my family in Holland, cause it was my little brother's 5th birthday. Really miss them, but I realize I see them in a couple of weeks. Just 4 weeks. Time flies, man, time flies.

Today we went to meet the gouvernour of the Ibaraki prefecture. Okaasan and I left home during rush hour, so we were late. I had to change into my formal outfit today, because it was really a formal meeting. So we went to the Ibaraki's prefecture office, a huge building you can see from far away in Mitoshi. The meeting was very nice. The gouvernour is a nice guy, but I do not agree with him on one point. He said that Ibaraki is famous for it's nature and that they stimulate science by building facilities for experiments and research. They cutted down forests to make that happen. So my question was: what is more important for Ibaraki, science or nature. He said there is a balance between science and nature in Ibaraki. I personnaly think you can not think in terms of balance considering nature. Because nature is not measurable. Also science is not measurable. So that was really a stupid answer from the gouvernour, in my opinion. But I did not say anything because we were overtime.


Fly in suit, Jake (USA)


Me and Kevin (USA)


Highest floor


View over Mitoshi, highest floor

Then we saw a introduction movie about the festivals in Ibaraki and we got a tour through the huge building.

After that, we had our half personal day. I did not bring any other clothes but my formal suit, so I wore it all the bloody hot day. First I chilled with Kevin (USA) and then Chong (China), Shin (Korea), Takashi (USA) and I went to the park we went before this week, Kairakuen. There we had some beers and talk about everything imaginable. About cultural differences and Guus Hiddink in Korea, irrigation of the Dutch agriculture and buildings in Hong Kong and Beijing. Really interesting and had a lot of fun too!


Fun at the Kairakuen!


The boys


Big guys





Then we when to karaoke, were we met all the other WCI members. We karaoke-d for 4 hours (which was really fun!) and then headed home. I was home at 10 o'clock ;)


Chong (China) , Shin (Korea)








My host mom gave me this game for the PSP, I wanted it a lot, And finally mom bought it for me. WOW!
I am sorry for the short blog, but I have to pack. I will leave Mitoshi in 4 and a half hours. So in that time I need sleep and do some other stuff. Sorry! I see ya later! And I hope I have internet in Toride.. That would be nice. If I don't update my blog in 3 days, I probably don't have internet access. So, bye bye for now!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Dude xD
    Jake looks like a young brother-ish version of Goto-Jones in that picture xD Awesome xDDDD
    Good to see you're having fun, I'm still insanely jealous!!
    Check je later ;D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hoi Lal,
    Zie je d'r goed uit in je pak, wahw!!! Jake ook in Stadshart geshopd zeker! Lal, ik deel ook je mening over de natuur. Kan je niet meten. Toch een moeilijk onderwerp omdat je soms wel wetenschap de voorrang moet geven.

    Mitoshi is zo mooi groen had ik niet verwacht van Japan. Leuke foto's. Doe de groeten aan the guys.

    Lal, waarom steken jullie vuurwerk af? Speciaal voor je verjaardag toch of niet? Trouwens wat ziet al het eten er goddelijk uit, zoveel en zo smakelijk. Geniet ervan. Neem wat recepten mee naar huis kunnen wij ook uitproberen. Want wat je eet met je otasan ziet er heel erg lekker uit.

    Lal, hoop dat wij heel gauw van je horen of lezen. Doe iedereen de hartelijke groeten. Ben benieuwd wat je allemaal gaat beleven in Toride......
    Kusjes en knuffels
    I L Y
    Je okasaan


    Trouwens als dit leest ben je waarschijnlijk al in Toride. Goeie reis gehad? Hoop echt dat je internet heb. Je heb de asierbaat en knuffels van Nana en Nanie.
    Lal vandaag 5 augustus is raksha bandhan.
    Wel fijn voor mij dat Perry mamam logeert. Pa is vandaag naar Schiphol geweest om Anand kaka op te halen. Hij vroeg gister of je er voor wil zorgen dat je er om twee uur kon zijn zodat je mee kon rijden naar huis. Geintje van pa hahaha.
    Rohit zei net dat je op hyves was. Jammer dat hij je gemist heb anders kon ik ook wat schrijven.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oké Ash Oké

    Luister dan je weet toch

    Dus check uhmm..deze is voor jou :P

    Ik hou van je en ik mis je man! hahaha :D

    Be strong my brother zowel fysiek als mentaal :)

    Waiting on your return home papz!

    Holla at ya bwoy Roheezy!

    DIRTY DUTCH WHATUP! ^^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen