dinsdag 11 augustus 2009

Lat days in Toride

Good evening fellow mortals! Well, this was it... the second session. A brief summary what happened yesterday and today, followed by an image of what will happen in the next episode of Ash in Japan!


Me and Shin (Nicknames: Guus Hiddink, Shin-chan) doing the Guus Hiddink move. This because I'm from Holland and he's from South Korea. Makes sense rite?

Yesterday it was personal day. So we went to Tokyo. YEAH! We went Suidobashi, the place with the Tokyo dome and a small theme park, called Tokyo Dome City (makes sense, rite?). First we went to this awesome arcade hall, were Chong and I played House of the Dead for more than 45 minutes (a game were you have to point your plastic gun towards the screen in order to kill zombies. I KNOW!).


Chong and me, The House of the Dead


Me and Kevin, The House of the Dead

Then we went to this Denny's, where we ate some ramen. Finished eating, went to this Shonen Jump store (they sell things of Bleach, Naruto, Dragonball Z, One Piece, etc, etc) and then went to the fun park.


Taiko no Tatsujin 4... me going frenzy. yeah


You've gotta hug Totoro...



Had an awesome time there talking to each other. I only did one attraction: THIS SUPER MEGA BADASS ROLLERCOASTER! It was huge! It is called Thunder Dolphin (don't ask me why, 'cause there is no thunder involved, nor are there dolphins involved. It will always be a mystery...), and this rollercoaster is actually built around a building.


Desiree, me and Arum


Arum, Desiree, me and Zuxin

It was very rainy. I was soaked at the end of the day. Apparently there were 2 tyfoons that day.
After that we went to an izakaya, had lots of fun and went home.


Almost everyone, fltr: Desiree, Yuki, Nozomi, Chihiro, Saki, Kevin, Raymon , Zuxin, me (trying to ignore Ray's fart), Arum, Maria, Liz and Chong

Today we were making kites. But before we made the kites, there was for the WCI participants who will join the next session had a pot luck event, to graduate the members with a diploma of WCI. And of course to prepare for tomorrow; the bye bye part of the journey (which I really hate). So, after that we made our kites. I won third prize with my kite's design! And then we made our kites fly! I won first prize with my team flying the kites! It was an awesome day. I laughed and smiled a lot...
Shin and Arum left the program today, so I said goodbye to them today. It was so hard, like always. Here are the pictures of everyone who will leave tomorrow, plus pictures of the release of the kites (sounds like a name for a B-movie; Release of the Kites...)


Maria, Denmark (session 1 and 2)


Meg, USA (session 1 and 2, beautiful face)


Saki, Japan (session 2)


Chong, China (session 1 and 2)


Berthalina, Mexico (session 1 and 2, staff)


Arum, Indonesia, won 2nd prize design! (session 2)


Yuki, Japan (session 2)


Shin-chan "Guus", Korea (session 2)


Chihiro "mommy"/ "Ponyo", Japan (session 2)


NO KITE; forgot to take picture of Kevin, USA (session 2)


Chong's host sister


Nozomi's host sister












My design, painted over from original


Me and guy from organization, with the two "medals"

I ended my day with a good meal and fireworks with the Honda family. Too bad I only stayed for 2 days... I really like this family.


Riku-kun doesn't like the fireworkz


Ow, now he does

And, today another earthquake occurred, but I was sleeping. Everyone else woke up and experienced the earthquake. Except for me. I slept like a rose.

So, okay. Let's talk business. I will go back to Tama City, to visit okaasan, Ryuusuke and Noritaka. I will stay there for 4 days. And then I will head for Fukuoka, were the 3rd and final session will start. So I won't be able to upload my blog for the next 4 days. You will hear from me soon!

Mata ne! Ashwin out.

(PS. A strong tyfoon occurred in Taiwan. I hope Yurin is okay...)

4 opmerkingen:

  1. oi! Ash,
    WAAAAAAT no blogs! What the HE.. I mus read for the next 4 days? YES its like aaaaaaaa.. mmmmmmmmh "verslaving". Opstaan, met een bak koffie gelijk achter de computer zitten(wat ik noooit doe) om jou blog te lezen.
    Leuke fotos gemaakt,jou kite's design is echt VETTT(BUT I havend expect something els!)
    3+1 prijs! WAUW
    Hey Ash alles goed met jou? Ben een beetje geschrokken van al die tyfoons en aardbevingen = ga jou okasaan,in NL, effe bellen.
    Heb nu echt honger,ik ga alvast kippe-koppe-soep eten en in een half uurtje kommt ojisan naar huis met 2x 1/2 gebrade kip,patat en salade.Dus Guten Appetit.

    Kusjes en knuffels van jou obasan xxxxxxxxxx

    PS.Do you have notis....ja ik heb een beetje engels geschreven! en dat ZONDER woordenboek.
    Not bad for a "NL-German-Girl(okay woman).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hoi Lal,
    Hoe is het met jou? Ben geschrokken van de beelden van de aardbeving. Gelukkig heb je er niets van gemerkt. Hoop dat dit het nu voorbij is. Je moet vragen of ze daar een plan van aanpak hebben wat te doen bij zulke natuurgebeuren. Je weet maar nooit. Ben trots op je dat je prijzen heb gewonnen. Vond jouw vlieger toch ook de leukste. Lal was is een kite? Heb je nog geshopd? Bel je morgen de 12de op je mobiel ok? Wil je stem horen. Pas op jezelf en ik ga nu rustig je blog lezen was heel zenuwachtig toen ik thuis kwam en op journaal zag dat er een aardbeving in Japan was. Wij zijn vandaag wezen shoppen met nana en nani.
    Doe de groeten aan de beiden hostfamilie en aan je vrienden. Hoop dat ze waar ze naar toe gaan veilig zijn want de natuur is in Azie nu een beetje aan het rommelen.
    Grote knuffels en dikke kusjes van ons allemaal. Doe ook de groeten aan de familie in Tamah. Hou van je en mis je erg.
    I L Y
    Je okasaan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwB7Fycp7vM

    Je weet het! :D

    I'm outtie broer take care!

    Roheezy.

    DIRTY DUTCH WHATUP!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen